Skip to main content

Lady I's Pity Party.......









Hi fam, it’s been quite a while on here, my sincere apologies. Hopefully,  this post will explain the reason for my long silence.

So really, if you’ve never ever consciously or unconsciously slipped into a pity party mode then you definitely deserve a Speed Darlington  award. 
                                                                      
                                                                       My Story

That weekend, I was home alone since my sister and friend Oghuan had to travel out of town for a while. I laid on the couch in the sitting room initially enjoying the serenity/”home aloneness” if there is a word like that, which made me switch swiftly into a mode of introspection (heart search/meditation ). Gradually I had gone so deep in my thoughts when I felt tears trickle down my cheeks and had at this point increased appreciably. Next thing I know, am sobbing so badly and for some reason, I knew I had lost control of my thoughts which had taken a down turn. I felt unfulfilled, I didn’t think  I was doing enough with myself, I wanted so much more, I wanted to do so much more and to crown it all up, my account was going on a low. These thoughts weren’t  godly as I had lost all sense of appreciation for the seemingly little things.

At this point when I had realised my thoughts were getting the better part of me, in that instance, I knew I was engaging in a “piriparri” and I had to end it fast. For some people, this may last way longer but personally  I have over time learnt how to snap out of things like this pretty fast. Life in itself takes a forward movement approach and trust me when I say, it doesn’t wait for those who have chosen to wallow in sorrow.

Career mentoring/ Bonding time  with Sola Olaniyan Bright
Sometimes,  if we let our situations engulf us, there is a very high tendency of us forgetting our place in Christ. This my state of mind was as a result of the fact I felt I was experiencing scarcity of a creative mind and my finances weren’t  smiling either. I once read a book  titled “ The Start Up Nation” which was on the sporadic development of Israel's economic miracle which was written by Dan Senor. He described how scarcity was about the strongest force which sparks up creativity.
In my case, I had acknowledged  the fact there were things I had to deal with and improve upon and discover ways to get what I didn’t have with my current state of scarcity. I guess some others may go into a greater level of depression after their pity party but one reason I love me is how quickly I rise each time I fall. Lady I is far from being perfect but I cannot now come and kill myself naaaa. Really, it’s your choice on what you decide to do after your pity party with just you in attendance

1       Commit  Suicide which is now a regular trend amount some people
2       Fall into a grave state of depression and wallow in misery which would ultimately  blindfold you so badly, you would never see the good in you no matter what
3      On a final note, like I did after my own party, I chose to take the bull by the balls like Adesewa Josh would say. 

For me, the statement from that book came to bear in the nick of time. I knew that it was time to go creative. I know am the minister for personal motivation. I don’t wait for external approval before I give myself the needed approval. I spent that night in fellowship with my creator.

2Cor12:9 tells me “ My grace is sufficient for you, for my strength is made perfect in your weakness.”

Then I had this idea provoking prayer point I had cropped front my chancellors message which as an NYSC member was much needed. “ Lord I know there Is an idea from heaven which would connect me into the next phase of my life. Lord show me.”

I was once again “re-reassured”(2×) that I was connected to the vine and was to draw strength from God. I invested that evening praying and worshipping.

I was reminded of Jeremiah 29:11-13 which came to full play.

“For I know the thoughts I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end”

“Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will listen to you.”

“And ye shall seek me, when ye shall search for me with the whole of your heart.”

Not long after, I got new ideas. Gods word is very true you know. I wasn’t just feeling better but the ideas generated new income streams for me. I got side jobs which I like to call my “side hustles”. Within the time, my foundation was growing and helped those in need as I was able to collaborate with other NGO’s amount other developments.

One of my contributions to the media platform

High school outreach of my CDS(NYSC) group which was planned by my group and I, in collaboration with some other NGOs and Lady care
In the spirit of mentorship with Gimba Umar of Channels TV. When you know what you want find the shoulder of a giant in the field to stand on






I started perfecting my makeup application craft ( At least it helps pay some bills)


Doing what I live for


So really, having a pity party may not necessarily be bad but what matters is what you do after the pity party is over. In my case, I sure came back with a BANG!!!!!

P. S  Would like to hear your stories and comment down in the comment section

I love you all really, and do remember that having a disability doesn’t make you a liability.

 Lady I

Comments

  1. Taking advantage of what could have overshadowed you.... Bravo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ope thanks for taking out the time to read this piece. Yes i certainly turned the table around.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE PLIGHT OF AN AFRICAN CHILD

It was a sultry Thursday afternoon. A certainly good time to take a cold shower. I had just finished  my CDS which is the community development service. Walking out of Mapo hall, I noticed over a dozen children sitting on the floor, dirty looking with no flip flops on. They gazed at the NYSC members hoping to get money or food from us. I just couldn't move a step further after I saw these children. I approached them and asked my friends to go on ahead. "Hi guys", I said to them. "Why are you not in school?"  It was just 1:15pm so it was logical to say they were at the wrong place at the wrong time. Like a chorus, they replied, "Ko si Owo" meaning no money. I became more interested since I was told there was free education in Oyo. If you know me well enough, you should know am my own ambassador for a better Nigeria. I tried asking them more questions  and they told me  they usually pay 3000 naira in government schools so it was not totally f

BOOK SMART OR LIFE SMART

Hi lovelies !!!! I decided to do a blog hand over to a dear friend who’s a doctor by profession and I was opportune to work with for a while on the health desk. He’s quite an amazing dude and gosh , our first two weeks of working together was WAR!!! We were always arguing about any and everything possible. So I guess your wondering how on earth I allowed such an annoying guy into my blog space. Truth is we moved from being fight buddies to cool work partners. I dedicate this to any of you, who just like me, our parents wanted us to study medicine at some point in our lives.Enough of the gist, Over to you Prels….. Hi Guys, I am Prela, a medical doctor currently working in a TV station as a producer of a health show and Health Desk Lead. Before venturing onto this new task, which I find exciting, I was in the thick of medical practice, working as an Emergency health care Doctor. My reason for making this switch was purely to advance my career, as I am putting to
Hey my darlings!!! Happy New Year. Been away for a long while,but am definitely back with a BANG!!!   Life after NYSC for me has been a fortunate stroke of serendipity. I had a couple of expectations and targets in 2018 for things I know I have control over. For those things I know I don’t have control over, I didn’t bother setting targets for them. Honestly, it’s best to know how God works with you as an individual. For me, I have noticed He doesn’t give me a clear cut picture of where He is leading me. All He expects is that I obey His leading, along the line the blessing comes.   I actually began 2018 volunteering with Khan foundation as a #HopeAmbassador. I tutored children in Makoko who have never been exposed to any form of education. During my time there, I came to a conclusion that people appreciate what you leave in their hearts more than what you leave in their hands. I saw firsthand what it meant to live a sacrificial life.  My point exactly, be kind and help thos